Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Results

First of all, thank you very much for your encouraging words concerning Ian's eval. It went surprisingly well! I guess it's not as traumatic as it used to be for me. This is my/his third review and I know all his care providers...I guess that must be why it wasn't as traumatic as past ones have been? I don't know...It also really helped me that y'all have done this too, "Strength in numbers"!

Ian isn't too far behind his "typical" contemporaries. He's maybe 2-3mos. behind in everything except fine motor skills, so we are stepping up the OT visits. We are also now going to include speech therapy (we were solely doing deaf and hard of hearing therapy but now that he's older we want him to speak! :0)

Thank you again for being on this journey with me. It helps A LOT!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Annie, I'm so happy for you! It's always such a relief when things go better than anticipated. Kisses to your kids!! :)

Jeffrey Goble said...

Cool!
As my Emma gets older, I've begun to get a sense of who's really on the "team" vs. those just collecting a paycheck (not so many of them, really), and I get a profound sense of gratitude for those who really invest themselves in her life on a daily basis (I'm talkin' school here).
I'm glad it went so well - of course, it always helps me to think that Emma's Emma, no matter how much we blather about 'the stuff'.
Thanks for the report!
Hug those kids for me - even the big one.

Chris said...

So glad that it went well. It sounds like you have a great team working with you. They see where Ian needs some extra assistance, and they are giving it to them.

Annie's Porch said...

Elizabeth-thanks a lot! ;0)It's nice of you to follow our goings on! Take care!

Elbog-You know I was lying in bed last night trying to figure out just what it was that made this review better than the rest. I think you are right, it is because I now KNOW (after working with the same team for almost two years) that the ladies that help Ian really care about him and want what is best for him. And you are right, Ian is Ian, no matter where he is developmentally, we love him for who he is. Thanks for your great insights, as always! :0)

Annie's Porch said...

Chris- You are right, we do really have a good team working with us. They are skilled, but more importantly they care about our little guy! Thanks for checking in with us, appreciate it! :0)